Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Italy boss Cesare Prandelli Quits Tuesday June 24,2014



Italy boss Cesare Prandelli quit on Tuesday June 24,2014 night after his side were controversially eliminated from the World Cup

  • Prandelli stepped down after Italy were beaten 1-0 by Uruguay in Natal
  • The loss saw the Azzurri finish third in group D bow out of the World Cup
  • Uruguay finished second in the group behind Costa Rica
  • Prandelli replaced Marcello Lippi as Italy boss after the 2010 World Cup.
 

Prandelli told his post-match press conference: 'I talked to the president of the federation.. and gave my resignation.
'The technical set-up didn't work, and I take all responsibility for that.
'Something has changed since my contract was renewed. I don't know why. I chose a certain technical plan and that's why I'm resigning - because it did not work.'
Prandelli added: 'A second European Championship, third at the Confederations [Cup] and the qualification obtained in advance should not be under-estimated.
'The match was well-balanced in equal numbers, but the sending-off changed it all.'
Prandelli was not the only man to fall on his sword with president Giancarlo Abete also stepping down.

No comments:

Post a Comment