Pages

Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Saina Nehwal(India)wins Australian Open Super Series title Sunday June 29,2014

 

Saina Nehwal(India) beats Carolina Marin(Spain) 21-18, 21-11 to win Australian Open Super Series title in the women's singles summit clash, which lasted for 43 minutes on Sunday June 29,2014

 

 

Saina Nehwal had earlier this year won the India Open Grand Prix Gold in Delhi.
"I am very happy with the win. My hard has work paid off. My coaches have worked really hard to keep me injury-free. This victory could not have come at a better time for me," an elated Saina said.
"This is an extremely important year for me as I would be defending the Commonwealth Games gold medal and the Asian Games are also there. So, it will boost my confidence," added the 24-year-old.
Saina Nehwal, who enjoyed a 1-0 head-to-head record against Marin going into match,got off the blocks early as she won the first game 21-18 against Carolina, who was playing her first World Super Series final

 

No comments:

Post a Comment