Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday, July 25, 2014

Mo Farah pulls out of 2014 Glasgow CWG due to illness Thursday July 24,2014



Mo Farah dealt the Commonwealth Games a significant blow on Thursday July 24,2014 by withdrawing just three days before he was due to attempt a 5,000 and 10,000 metres double.
The world and Olympic champion’s ‘tough decision’ was hardly a surprise, given Farah spent two days in hospital with abdominal pains only three weeks ago and missed a substantial block of training, but his timing left fans and Games organisers disappointed.
Mo Farah said in a statement: ‘I  have taken the tough decision to  withdraw from the Commonwealth Games. The sickness I had two weeks ago was a big setback for me. Training is getting better here in Font Romeu but I need another few weeks to get back to the level I was at in 2012 and 2013.



No comments:

Post a Comment