Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The airport of Madeira, the Atlantic Ocean island birthplace of Cristiano Ronaldo renamed in his honour on Wednesday March 29,2017

The airport of Madeira, the Atlantic Ocean island birthplace of Portugal captain Cristiano Ronaldo, was renamed in his honour on Wednesday March 29,2017
"To see this airport bear my name is a very special thing," said Ronaldo, who skippered Portugal to victory in the European championships last year.
"Everyone knows I am proud of my roots."
Cristiano Ronaldo, speaking at a naming ceremony attended by his family, Portugal President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa and Prime Minister Antonio Costa, and some 5,000 fans, added: "I didn't ask for this, but I'm not a hypocrite and I acknowledge that it honours me and that makes me happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment